PARTNER SERVICES: STARK
* Measure: Metering Solutions for exact data
* Collect: Accurate and Timely Data
* Analyse: Continuous Monitoring
* Save: Energy Management Services
PARTNER SERVICES: CARBON SMART
* Energy Management Strategy
* Efficiency Savings
* Carbon Smart Certification
* Energy Investigation
* Renewable Energy Review
* Behaviour change/employee engagement
PARTNER SERVICES: SUSTAINABLE HOMES
* Fuel Poverty Master Classes for business and executive teams
* Fuel Poverty Workshops for residents
* Training for Housing Managers
We provide various additional services together with our valued partners: Sustainable Homes, Stark, and Carbon Smart.
TAILORED SERVICES MONARCH
* Market Intelligence
* Payment System Integration
* Meter Reading Management
* Void Property Management with SSE
Sustainable Living for Every Home
We partner with Sustainable Homes (part of the Hastoe Group), the leading sustainability consultancy and training provider. Together we provide sustainability training workshops and Affordable Warmth guidance to our clients and their customers.
Sustainable Homes has considerable experience working with Social Landlords and employs recognised experts to provide its services. They work with affordable housing providers, private developers and government to reduce fuel poverty and improve sustainability. They provide the following key services to our customers:
- Fuel Poverty Workshops
- Sustainability and Fuel Poverty Master Classes
- SHIFT Assessment and Accreditation
The key aim of both workshops is to help ensure residents understand how and where energy is used within the home. Thus, they can reduce energy costs by changing habits and selecting more appropriate/competitive energy tariffs. We can also arrange tailored workshops with Sustainable Homes to fit your organisation’s needs and objectives.
Fuel Poverty Master Classes
By having trained and knowledgeable staff local authorities and social housing providers can communicate with residents on saving energy and reducing costs. The Master Classes are targeted at business, management or executive teams, e.g. Housing Officers.
- Duration – 2-3 hours
- This training will help Housing Officers and others working with residents to identify fuel poverty and take steps to reduce it
- In particular your staff will learn about the 7 steps that residents could take to save up to £250 a year on energy bills and reduce carbon emissions at the same time
Fuel Poverty Workshops
This workshop is usually most effective for residents who fall into the fuel poor category or representatives of residents association groups who can pass on the information gained from the workshops.
- Duration: a half day session (up to 20 residents per session)
- Summary: an interactive workshop aimed at residents focusing on key topics.
Key Topics include the following, of these five chosen ones will be dealt more in detail:
- Understanding energy use in the home – heating systems and appliances
- Understanding heat loss in the home
- Understanding heating controls and how to use them effectively
- Recognising and acting on fuel poverty
- Understanding fuel bills
- Saving £250 a year through easy habits
- Reading your gas meter
- Reading your electricity meter
- Understanding and reducing condensation
- Managing fuel bills – tariff switching and billing options
- Understanding climate change
SHIFT Assessment and accreditation
SHIFT is the sustainability standard for the housing sector. Provided by Sustainable Homes, recognised by the HCA and backed by Government, it is an independent assessment and accreditation scheme that demonstrates organisations are delivering against challenging environmental targets.
The SHIFT assessment measures organisations against more than 50 environmental criteria, including CO2 emissions, water use, landfill waste and response to climate change risks. Organisations that are assessed receive SHIFT Commended, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum accreditation, depending on their performance, and a bespoke report with tailored recommendations on how to improve.